PE and Sport Premium
Schools have a central role to play in supporting all children and young people to live healthy active lives.
This is particularly true of primary school where the foundations of positive and enjoyable participation in regular physical activity should be established. The PE and sport premium is used to:
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now are sustainable and will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
- develop or add to the PE, sport and physical activity that your school provides.
We use the funding to improve the quality of P.E. and Sport provision at Holy Ghost Primary School in the following ways:
- Hiring professional sports coaches to teach the children different sports during curriculum time and during after-school clubs.
- Procuring quality assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching P.E. and sport through the Active Wandsworth Initiative.
- Supporting regular sport tournaments, festivals and competitions for pupils of all ages.
- Entering children into different leagues and competitions.
- Purchasing new equipment for the school so that the children can develop their skills further in P.E. lessons.
- Purchasing new equipment for use in after-school clubs to improve the diversity of clubs.
- Purchasing more sports equipment for use during play times.