Art is a vital part of the curriculum at Holy Ghost as it allows the children to communicate their thoughts and ideas in a variety of ways and provides a much needed outlet for their creativity and imagination.
The teaching must foster this creativity and competently deliver the skills needed for the children to make progress in their learning. Our programme of study ensures that their skills progress over the course of their education, whilst promoting an enjoyment and love for the subject.
- Produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- Foster a love of art in every child-stimulating their ideas and creativity.
- Become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques.
- To effectively deliver the skills needed for the children to make expected progress in their learning. Including their understanding of colour, form, texture and pattern.
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design.
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.