A Holy Ghost we recognise the benefits of speaking and learning an additional language and all children from Year 1 through to Year 6 have a weekly French Lesson
- Through languages children can discover many other cultures and customs.
- Thinking in two languages enhances flexibility and multi-tasking across the wider curriculum.
- Communicating in different languages can open a whole world of opportunities.
- Children who are exposed to languages at an early age, find it easier to develop their linguistic skills.
- The aim is to promote an initial and continuing interest in French.
- To enable all KS2 pupils to converse and write (as appropriate) in the French language.
- To enjoy the culture and lifestyle of a foreign country.
- To develop the confidence to achieve this at a very young age.
- To have high expectations of the children in the learning of the French language.