At Holy Ghost, we strive to provide every child with the opportunity to develop their computing skills in a progressively structured learning environment in order to achieve their full potential and prepare them for our technological world.
Our curriculum focuses and builds upon the three core aspects of Computing; Digital Literacy, Computer Science, and Information Technology.
We also aim to provide ongoing training opportunities for staff to develop their own computing skills to ensure a smooth transition in the use of computers and software, along with using technology as a form of communication between all stakeholders in the school community.
Teaching and Learning
At Holy Ghost we believe that the characteristics of high quality teaching and learning of Computing are:
- Setting suitable learning challenges for all pupils
- Responding to pupil’s diverse learning needs and prior knowledge.
- Overcoming potential barriers to learning and assessment for individuals and groups of pupils.
- Using Computing to access all areas of the curriculum through the use of iPads and Chrome books. Working closely to share skills among staff to ensure a well-planned and confidently delivered curriculum.
- Ensuring there is a comprehensive approach to online safety.